The Two Impostors


Rudyard Kapling



One morning, the boy Solomon saw the goldsmith who works for King David's Palace walk out of the palace looking very desperate and sad. Solomon asked the goldsmith what made him feel so sad and desperate. The goldsmith answered, I have to provide a solution to the King within seven days. If not I will be taken out of my job. I am really confused because there is no solution for what the King has asked.



What was the King looking for? Solomon was curious. The goldsmith presented the demand of the King as follows: "I need to make a gold ring for the king with an inscription on it. This inscription should ensure that the king does not become overly happy and forget the divine truth in moments of happiness and also does not lose heart when faced with moments of failure and desperation."



Solomon gave the goldsmith the inscription he was looking for. It went like this 

"This too shall pass."

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »