What is the difference between Wedding & Marriage?


Wedding and Marriage


Don’t say: “I’m going to my best friend’s marriage on Sunday.”
                                                                          
Say: “I’m going to my best friend’s wedding on Sunday.”

Wedding = The ceremony

· I’m going to my friend’s wedding on October 7.

· We want to have a band at our wedding reception.

· The wedding will be at the Temple, and the reception will be at a restaurant.

Marriage = The relationship in general, or the institution in society

· My parents have a strong marriage. They’ve been together for 35 years.

· New York has just legalized gay marriage.

· Over 40% of marriages end in divorce.

Married = Describes the status of a person

· My sister isn’t married. She’s single.

· I’ve been married for 5 years.
                               
Get married = The action of going from single to married

· We’re getting married in July.

· My teacher got married last year.




Date :

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »